The Maasai Mara is a large game reserve in South-West Kenya. The name is derived from the Maasai people and the Mara River which divides it into eastern and western parts. The extensive savanna grassland in between the rolling hills hosts a large variety of wild animals. Every year about 2.5 million wildebeests and hundred thousands of zebras wander through the Masai Mara between the months of June and October on their Great Migration between the Serengeti National park in Tanzania and Masai Mara in Kenya. This spectacle has recently been declared the 7th natural world wonder. Masai Mara is a permanent home to lions, leopards, cheetahs, black rhinos, elephants, buffaloes, hippos, crocodiles, giraffes, antelopes and around 400 species of birds among many others.
Temperatures averaging 26°C during the day and 12°C at night. Long rains are anticipated from mid April to June and the short rains from November to early December.
Sentrim Mara Lodge is located adjacent to the Maasai Mara Game reserve, 3 km from Sekenani gate. The entire camp is spread over 100 acres of tranquil natural vegetation. The main guest area consists of the reception, lounge, restaurant, bar, fire place, pool bar, jacuzzi and swimming pool.
Maasai Mara is 260 km from Nairobi and takes 4 ½ hours drive by road and 40 minutes by air. Transfer from the airstrip to the camp takes 30 minutes.
• Sundowner cocktails on request and at a fee
• Bush breakfast / bush lunch and dinner on request and at a fee
• Massage / spa services at a fee
• Swimming pool
• Curio shop
• Hot air ballon rides at fee
• Visit to Maasai villages at a fee
• Natural walks, Maasai cultural talks and lectures available on prior request, fee charged
• Free maasai dances in the evenings
• Picnic lunches / breakfast services offered on order
• Private dinners / tent BBQ services offered on order at an extra fee
• Pool bar
• Air package. Land cruisers, professional drivers and tour guides available
Morning 5.00 a.m. - 9.00 a.m.
Afternoon 12.30 p.m. - 1.30 p.m.
Evening 6.00 p.m. - 10.00 p.m.
We have one main restaurant which offers various cuisines to your tastes. The meals are buffet/ à la carte. The restaurant is open from:
6.00 a.m. - 10.00 a.m. for breakfast
1.00 p.m. - 3.00 p.m. for lunch
7.00 p.m. - 10.00 p.m. for dinner
All 64 en-suite rooms are equipped with the following:
• Hot shower
• Some rooms have view of Ngama Hills
• Safe deposit box available at manager's office on request
• Solar power
• Each Family house has two bedrooms and a living area which is ideal for families. The family houses are concrete and
• Some rooms are tented while others have stone walls
|ROOM TYPE||NUMBER OF ROOMS|
|3 Family Houses||6 (2 per house)|
• Guided nature walks
• Game drives (on request and at a fee)
• Hot air balloon safaris (on request and at a fee)
• Maasai culture talk (on request)
• Manyatta village visits (on request and at a fee)
• Maasai dancers
Guests can wind down to our finest collection of wines, beers, liquors and scintillating cocktails prepared by our very own beverage masters.